Blizzard Entertainment, the developer behind the highly successful RTS game, StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood Wars, today released patch v1.18 and with it comes a free download of the this classic masterpiece. Yes, free download of the full game!
If you want to download immediately…
Note: When patching StarCraft, please use the ‘Run as Admin’ option; it is required during your first client run to migrate saves and avoid issues from Windows system admin changes.
StarCraft: Brood War Patch 1.18 Patch Notes
What’s New in Patch 1.18?
Here are the interesting updates with this latest patch.
- Windowed fullscreen or windowed mode added. Use Alt+Enter to switch between these two modes.
- Unicode (UTF-8) support!
- “Popular Maps” option added to streamline finding games or game types
- Observer mode — finally!
- Replay autosave — finally!
- Display “actions per minute”, yes, geek stats
- Added UPnP support
- Updated to a new OpenGL backend
- Improved gameplay responsiveness during multiplayer by increasing turn rate to match LAN speeds over Battle.net
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Improved anticheat capabilities — thank you very much
If you want to check the complete and official Patch Notes, visit the official announcement here.
Related articles across the web
StarCraft: Brood War Classic Now Free! by gameshogun™ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Legal Notice.