Looking for a casual mobile racing game which is both challenging and fun? Look no further as we introduce indie developer Fingersoft‘s Hill Climb Racing 2!
Hill Climb Racing 2 by indie game developer,game Fingersoft, is a popular mobile racing game for Android phones. It was released on 2016 November 27th as a successor to Hill Climb Racing (released on 2012 September 22nd). To this day, Hill Climb 2 or HCR2, continually sees a steady growth in its number of active players as evidenced by the variety of racers one can be matched against with; as well as the number members in various third-party platforms to the numerous video content available online.
This is definitely not an ordinary mobile racing game!
Hill Climb Racing 2 is a side-scrolling racing game with two controls–forward and backward pedals. New racers start with a free car, the Jeep. Though a starter car, with the proper upgrades, tune-ups, and driver, the Jeep can match well with the other cars available.
Once a racer has chosen their car, they will quickly discover that in Hill Climb 2 the maps have different obstacles for the racers to conquer. This is where the combination of upgrades, tune-ups, and a gamer’s strategy comes into play. Simply pressing the forward pedal will not win a race, granted in a few maps it will, a racer has to learn to control their car to be the first to reach the finish line.
Most Cups have three maps and there are always four racers in Season Cups. The other three racers were a record of other players who were active in the past 24 hours (according to the observation of the community). There are no live races in the game which allowed it to use less bandwidth and prevent from keeping the players waiting for the others to connect or to finish.
As a racer continually win cups, their rank goes up and new cars are unlocked for purchase using the in-game gold earned. Once a racer reached the highest rank, they switch to Legendary rank races wherein the higher Season Points one earns, the bigger the rewards at the end of the month the player will received.
- Events. Compete in Weekly Live Multiplayer events!
- Unlock new cars which fits your racing style!
- Upgrade cars to not only race faster but be better!
- Tune-up over 14 unique tuning parts available
- Explore various maps, from Dirt, Asphalt, to Snow, Mountains, and more!
- Create a team and compete in team matches
- Amazing Graphics optimised for high and low resolution devices
- Social. Challenge your friends and find out who’s the best racer!
- Compete in the local and global Leaderboards and win awesome prizes!
We give Hill Climb Racing 2 🕹 22 out of 25 joysticks. The graphics are amazing, easy to the eyes–not too simple but not overloaded with eye-candy. The controls are very simple–a forward and backward pedals–which did not turn the game into a straightforward boring race because of the gameplay mechanics and physics in place.
The features are great but some fresh ones can be added. Racers are posting new suggestions in the official Discord chat some of which can be a good addition to what is already a great set of features. Last but definitely not the least, the game needs a variety of background music. A contest can be setup where the community can submit their background music for the map (not Cup) of their choice. A volume control is also a must instead of the on/off setting for the music and game audio, to allow players to hear more of the music and less of the sound effects, for example.
- Gameplay: 🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹 (5)
- Graphics: 🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹 (5)
- Sounds: 🕹🕹🕹 (3)
- Features: 🕹🕹🕹🕹 (4)
- Controls: 🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹 (5)
Is a bibliophile and technophile other than being an early adopter, an avid gamer, anime otaku, trekker, and photographer. He is an advocate of “Free Culture”, “Open Knowledge”, “Creative Commons”, “Free/Libre Open-Source Software”, and the “Fediverse” (federated social-network).
His first online project was in 1998 when he launched the unofficial website for Ansalon MUD (a text-based online game) and his own community forums Laibcoms.Community. Today, he owns a variety of online properties and help others establish their online presence.
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Chest_Reward-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-gameplay-01-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-gameplay-02-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-gameplay-03: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Legendary-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Lobby-Legend_rank-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Boss_Level-GrandMaster-Sporty-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Boss_Level-Divine-Bill_Newton-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Boss_Level-Legend-Ninja-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Boss_Level-Challenger_III-Survivor: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Boss_Level-Master_III-Nerd: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Boss_Level-Champion_III-Sporty: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Boss_Level-GrandMaster_III-Bill_Newton-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-Boss_Level-Divine_III-Ninja: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-gameplay-04-s: gameshogun™ | CC BY-SA 4.0 International
- Hill_Climb_Racing_2-cover: Fingersoft | All Rights Reserved
ShogunPlays Hill Climb Racing 2 by gameshogun™ 🎲 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Legal Notice.