Atari®, one of the world’s most recognised publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, announced that RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ is now available on Google Play for Android devices and the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, for U$5.99.
RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ is a new RCT experience, combining the best features from two of the most successful and beloved RCT games in the series’ history — RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2. Fans of the original PC sim can rejoice as they create, customize, and run amazing parks complete with the most outrageous rides imaginable.
“As the creator of the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® PC games many years ago, I have seen how much excitement and entertainment they have brought to players all over the world,” said Chris Sawyer, Producer. “It was my long term ambition to bring the classic game to modern touch screen devices as its visual style and tactile nature are so well suited to smartphones and tablets. Working with Origin8 Technologies’ development team, we have been able to modernize the classic gameplay for touch screen devices while preserving the unique graphical style of the original RCT games. I believe fans of the RCT series will greatly enjoy playing the classic titles enhanced on a new platform.”
RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ brings the nostalgic thrills, fund, and creative freedom of building the ultimate theme park to handheld devices. Both new players and fans of the original theme park sim can now experience the excitement of designing and building roller coasters and rides, landscaping parks, and managing the staff and finances to keep guests happy and the money flowing.
- The Original RollerCoaster Sim: Experience all the fun from the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2 games, with a new app that combines the best elements of both classic titles.
- Coaster Construction: Create incredible roller coasters — quickly build a pre-made design or use the intuitive piece-by-piece building tools to design and theme your own unique rides.
- Park Designer: Keep your guests happy by building gentle or wild rides, food and drink stalls, water rides, and even transport rides to take them around the park; customise your park by building scenery, fine-tuning the landscape, and routing the footpaths.
- Park Management: Run your park’s marketing and finances to make a profit while attracting more guests; organise your staff to keep the park running well and looking its best.
- Exciting Environments: Build the ultimate theme park in a variety of challenging environments, from the transquility of Forest Frontiers to the bustling commerce of Megaworld Park.
- Park Scenarios: Progress through 95 classic park scenarios from RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2.
- Authentic Gameplay: Classic-style characterful isometric graphics and original amuserment park music and sound effects.
- Packed with Content: Includes hundreds of types of roller coasters and rides, and dozens of different shops, stalls, and facilities.
“Bringing RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ to handheld devices was important to us because we wanted to share the authentic playability and depth of gameplay of the original RCT games to both a new audience and long-time fans of the series,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “Working with Chris Sawyer has been a wonderful experience and it has enabled us to remain faithful to the RCT games that successfully launched the RCT franchise.”
Produced by Chris Sawyer and Developed by Origin8 Technologies Ltd., RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ is available now on Google Play for Android devices and the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. For more information, visit the official website at www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com.
Is a self-confessed bibliophile and technophile other than being an early adopter, an avid gamer, a geek, nerd, role-player, anime otaku, and trekker.
His first online project was in 1998 when he launched the unofficial website for Ansalon MUD (a text-based, telnet online game) and his own community forums Laibcoms.Community. By 2003 he created his work blog GM-Yukino which grew into gameshogun™, Snoworld™, and techmagus™ over the years.
Yuki’s latest project is Verses.Space™, a Free Culture / Creative Commons, collaborative, and shared-world, worldbuilding and writing project.