Tencent Games has announced future development plans for its new battle royale Ring of Elysium. Pitting players not only against each other but also the elements with its dynamic weather system Ring of Elysium has brought fresh variables to the battle royale scene.
Having launched just last month, Ring of Elysium has been met with enthusiasm and encouragement by fans. Developers Tencent have mapped the game’s forthcoming updates releasing in three stages.
The first stage of updates includes optimization, anti-cheat measures and additional language support in Russian and Portuguese coming this month.
Tencent Games have also announced the game’s first feature-rich major update, which includes an overhaul to the title’s character animation, several player customization options, and an all-new 10-week seasonal event system, the full list of features can be found below:
- Added Personal Icons – players can now customize their personal icons
- Dance – players can now set dance moves they have obtained in their collection and use them in-game
- Lobby Background – players can now choose the lobby background of their choice
- Lobby BGM – players can now customize lobby BGM tracks they have in their collection
- New clothing sets and unique head decorations
- Exclusive Season 1 Chrononauts Set
- Glider customization
- Snowboard customization
- Climbing tool customization
- Backpack customization
Adventurer Pass System
- A 10-week seasonal event system
- Players can earn Adventure Badges by progressing through character season tiers by accumulating in-game experience points
- Adventurer badges can be used to increase player’s progress through season tiers, increasing the amount of season-specific rewards the player receives
In addition to new customization options and the Adventurer Pass System, Tencent will also be launching European servers which will be announced at a later date. The game will also be seeing the return of a revamped tropical island map form the game’s beta test in Thailand that was heavily requested by players.
Ring of Elysium is available to download now for free on Steam.
About Ring of Elysium
Formerly known as Europa, Aurora Tencent Studio is proud to present the next generation of multiplayer online arena shooter using the Quicksilver X engine. Trapped on a snowy mountain assaulted by a disastrous snowstorm, the only way out is a rescue flight which can only save up to four people. Survivors must stay ahead of the approaching storm while eliminating competition.
Is a bibliophile and technophile other than being an early adopter, an avid gamer, anime otaku, trekker, and photographer. He is an advocate of “Free Culture”, “Open Knowledge”, “Creative Commons”, “Free/Libre Open-Source Software”, and the “Fediverse” (federated social-network).
His first online project was in 1998 when he launched the unofficial website for Ansalon MUD (a text-based online game) and his own community forums Laibcoms.Community. Today, he owns a variety of online properties and help others establish their online presence.
Copyright © 2018 Tencent Games. All Rights Reserved.
Information about how to reuse or republish this work may be available at Legal Notice.