Netmarble Corp. has released an infographic video celebrating the one year anniversary of Lineage 2: Revolution – the popular mobile massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that has accumulated more than 30 million registered players around the world. Since the game’s global launch in November 2017, Lineage 2: Revolution has enjoyed tremendous success and huge updates including an all new “Orc” race introduced to the game last month.
The infographic video, which can be viewed below, includes the following fun facts and figures (as of November 2018):
- Since launch, over 17,500,000 characters have joined the fight – that’s more than twice the population of New York City! The character races ranked in popularity are:
- Dark Elf: 6,478,000
- Human: 5,658,000
- Elf: 3,396,000
- Dwarf: 1,695,000
- Orc: 309,000
- There are now over 348,000 clans and the clan with the highest combat power is Yangire (as of November 5th, 2018)
- Ramog has been defeated in the Temporal Rift 16,640,500 times. Clearly, he’s made the players very angry!
- 63,000,000 World Bosses have been defeated
- The Honorable Battlefield has hosted nearly 16,000,000 arena battles
- The most popular mounts are Silver Saint, Steam Beatle and Kukurin
- Over 100,000 players have taken the battlefield in a Fortress Siege (50vs50 PvP mode)
- Since the introduction of Castle Siege (a 200-player PvP mode), over 25,000 elite players have battled to reign supreme
To celebrate the first-year anniversary, Lineage 2: Revolution is giving out surprise gifts to all players of the game. From November 29th to December 26th (GMT), players will receive special in-game items involving the game’s recently updated collaboration features.
Following the game’s incredible success in South Korea and Asian territories, Lineage 2: Revolution launched globally across North America, Europe, Oceania and the Middle East in November 2017, becoming the top grossing game on Google Play worldwide in 2017 (source: IDC & App Annie, 2017). Since then, the game has also expanded to Latin American countries. One year later, Lineage 2: Revolution continues to be one of the most popular mobile MMORPGs due to its groundbreaking fantasy elements that bring a massive open-world, countless new characters, large-scale PvP battles and dazzling graphics – powered by the Unreal 4 Engine – to life.
Is a self-confessed bibliophile and technophile other than being an early adopter, an avid gamer, a geek, nerd, role-player, anime otaku, and trekker.
His first online project was in 1998 when he launched the unofficial website for Ansalon MUD (a text-based, telnet online game) and his own community forums Laibcoms.Community. By 2003 he created his work blog GM-Yukino which grew into gameshogun™, Snoworld™, and techmagus™ over the years.
Yuki’s latest project is Verses.Space™, a Free Culture / Creative Commons, collaborative, and shared-world, worldbuilding and writing project.
Copyright © 2018 Netmarble. All Rights Reserved.
Information about how to reuse or republish this work may be available at Legal Notice.