But how about GNU/Linux? How about if you are using Ubuntu? In this post I will guide you step-by-step so you can run Curse Client under Ubuntu (and any Linux).
For this guide, I will assume that you already have WINE installed. And if by any chance you are not playing WoW in Ubuntu then wait for my next guide where I’ll help you run the game in Ubuntu smoothly.
So let’s begin. (Please note that I am coming from Ubuntu 9.01 “Jaunty Jackalope” 64-bit, adjust accordingly if you use a different Linux distro.)
- Open a Terminal (Menu -> Accessories -> Terminal)
- Look for ie6 and install it
- Install the latest Curse.com software client by double-clicking the installer exe file
- Run the Curse Client after installation
- Sometimes it crashes during the first run, just terminate it and run it again and let it finish updating (if there are Curse Client updates)
You’re done! Just setup your Curse Client like telling it where your World of Warcraft installation is located, and it will detect your installed addons and check for updates.
You may also want to check out the alpha of Curse Client v4
If you need additional help, please post your questions in detail here: gameshogun forums
WINEtricks – WINE Wiki/winetricks
<span class='p-name'>How-To Install Curse Client on Ubuntu Linux</span> by gameshogun™ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Legal Notice.