This week, the Game QA and Localisation forum will commence on the 29th. Once again, it will be a two-day conference filled with speakers sharing their knowledge and expertise on game quality assurance and localisation.
Following on from his much-lauded Keynote last year, Blizzard Entertainment veteran Michael Gilmartin will demonstrate not only how he changed things for the better internally, for such a huge organisation, but how others can do the same.
And in the mobile, online, and live operations space, which is the fastest growing area of the games industry, Senior QA Manager from NaturalMotion, Malachy O’Neill, will share how they stay ahead of test quality in a mobile environment. From network testing and sheer volume of device permutations (think: Android) to variable CPU, GPU, and platform capabilities (again, think: Android).
There are 19 speakers this year, with 14 sponsors, and 7 media partners. The Game QA & Localisation Europe 2016 will be held at Tryp Barcelona Apolo Hotel in Barcelona, Spain. So pack your bags, get ready for a two-day knowledge and experience sharing conference, and enjoy the food and beautiful city of Barcelona.
- Michael Gilmartin, Vice President Global QA & Localisation, Blizzard Entertainment
- Silvana Alfarano, Localisation Team Leader, Jagex Ltd
- Sarah Beuter, Head of Localisation, Gameforge Productions Gmbh
- Hampus Edfelt, Quality Assurance, Star Stable Entertainment
- Sandra Ferroni, Developer QA, Star Stable Entertainment
- Artur Foxander, Quality Assurance Manager, Paradox Interactive
- Adolfo Gomez-Urda, Localisation Manager, Paradox Interactive
- Alessandra Grana, Localisation Project Manager, Kabam Inc
- Sean Kelly, Senior Director, International Development and Localisation, Sony Computer Entertainment
- Eric Kieffer, Head of QA, King.com
- Dave Mitchell, QA Director, CCP Games
- Aline Mueller, Senior Localisation Director, Kabam, Inc.
- Malachy O’Neill, Senior QA Manager, NaturalMotion
- Dave Parkinson, Director, Global 1st Party QA, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd
- Clara Pérez, Localization Manager, Goodgame Studios
- Prodipto Roy, QA Manager, Wargaming
- Simone Schreiber, German Linguistic Owner, CCP Games
- Vojtech Schubert, Associate Producer, Bohemia Interactive
- Allan Stowe, Senior QA Engineer, Outfit7
- When: 2016-06-29 to 2016-06-30
- Where: Tryp Barcelona Apolo Hotel, Avinguda del Paral·lel, 57-59, Barcelona, 08004, Spain
- Hotel Phone: (34) 93 343 30 00
- Tickets: Book online
- FAQ: here
- Lionbridge Game Services
- Pole to Win
- Keywords Studios
- Kilgray Technologies / memoQ
- RoundTable Studio
- Quantic Lab
- Janus Worldwide
- International Game Developers Association (IGDA)
- Events for Gamers (E4G)
- GamesIndustry International
Social Media Partner
Is a bibliophile and technophile other than being an early adopter, an avid gamer, anime otaku, trekker, and photographer. He is an advocate of “Free Culture”, “Open Knowledge”, “Creative Commons”, “Free/Libre Open-Source Software”, and the “Fediverse” (federated social-network).
His first online project was in 1998 when he launched the unofficial website for Ansalon MUD (a text-based online game) and his own community forums Laibcoms.Community. Today, he owns a variety of online properties and help others establish their online presence.
Game QA and Localisation Forum 2016 is Here! by gameshogun™ 🎲 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Legal Notice.